We offer many programs/clubs for students who may need social-emotional support and an opportunity to participate in social gatherings. If you have students that you feel could benefit from these clubs/programs please send me their names and we will help get these students to these programs/clubs. We welcome recommendations throughout the year.
The Following is a list of current School Climate Programs and Initiatives being implemented at Toyon Middle School:
- Circle of Friends- A social inclusion program for students with disabilities of all ages that establishes an understanding and acceptance of differences on school campuses and in community life, decreasing bullying and erasing the lines between disabled and non-disabled.
- Friday Night Live Mentoring (FNL)- Will meet every Wednesday at CHS. This has been a very successful program for TMS students over the last 3 years. This program pairs TMS student proteges with CHS student mentors and they participate in team building activities that focus on social-emotional well-being and positive peer relationships. A great help with the transition to high school. Need 15 applicants and this does require an application and parent consent.
- Club Live- Will meet every Tuesday at lunch in Room M1. Each meeting will have a certain social-emotional theme for students to share and discuss. This is a drop in program and targets students who need/want a safe space at lunch and want to work on issues that concern them at Toyon.
- Archery- Meet every Friday at 3:05 in the gym
- Toyon Ski & Snowboard Club- whether you are a first timer, or you have been hitting the slopes for years. This club is a great way to be active. Meetings are held before each trip. Trips are in the winter of each year.